Subscribe to my full feed.

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Road Safety Campaign in UiTM Bandar Iskandar

Today, I was invited by a couple of bikers from Manjung to come to UiTM Bandar Iskandar in Perak for the launch of a safety road campaign. The campaign was launch by an OCPD (forgot his name) and by the director of the university, Dr Mohd Yusof Hj Othman. The event started at about 9.30am. I came with my friend, Husna. There's also bikers from Ipoh, Tapah and also Tanjung Malim, came to participate the event, and all of them were about 20 bikers.
After a few speeches by the VVIPs, the OCPD received an appreciation from the director of the campus.
I took some pictures before proceed to the next function. Actually, the campus looks really nice. Not too hectic like UTP, hehe.


Then, we were invited to have an 'early' lunch with the VVIPs. The food was nice, because it is Negeri Sembilan's dishes, haha, my favourite.
We were entertained by a few of female students, doing abseiling. What a nice view from below, haha.
Then, we went to the booths and surprisingly, we met Wazi Abdul Hamid. He's a racer and also a legend. He was so friendly, not like the 'other' famous Malaysian racer. Huhu. I was pleased to meet and have a chat with him. Now, he's a very important man in a ministry that relates to road safety, somthing like that.
After that, we went to Cameron.

Attention, CORRECTION:

I got this from the comment I received. Therefore, I paste it here;

Asaalamualaikum..

If I may make some corrections: The campus director is Prof. Dr. Abdullah Mohd Said. Wazi was invited to conduct Safe Riding Clinic at UiTM as part of the launching of Kempen Keselamatan Jalanraya UiTM Perak.

Thanks to all superbikers who attended the ceremony.. almost 40 turn out.

Mohd. Fisal Ishak
Deputy Director, Student Affair
UiTM Perak.
Sorry for the wrong information I gave regarding to this post. Thanks Mr Fisal!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Asaalamualaikum..

If I may make some corrections: The campus director is Prof. Dr. Abdullah Mohd Said. Wazi was invited to conduct Safe Riding Clinic at UiTM as part of the launching of Kempen Keselamatan Jalanraya UiTM Perak.

Thanks to all superbikers who attended the ceremony.. almost 40 turn out.

Mohd. Fisal Ishak
Deputy Director, Student Affair
UiTM Perak.