Subscribe to my full feed.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Biking Techniques (Part 4)

Countersteer

Today I expect you to use countersteering on the track. You're accustomed to using it on the street, and there's enough to get used to today without introducing other ways of steering. I'll just say there are other ways, and leave it at that; I'll may talk about it in more detail later today.

There are in fact two problems with countersteering when you're right at the limit: it uses up front traction, and it moves the front of the bike towards the outside of the corner when you're already near the edge of the surface. So today, I want you to keep a traction reserve under braking, and don't go to the absolute edge of the track on corner entry.

From TrackDoD Novice Group Orientation

No comments: