Subscribe to my full feed.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Biking Techniques (Part 30)


Type II + Type I Combination

At many tracks, there'll be a corner or sequence of two corners that leads from one straight to another. Again, we have a textbook example on the VIR South Course, at Oak Tree. Although it has one name, you can see clearly that it's two corners, connected by a straight so short you can't even call it one. (Another example would be Turn One and Turn Two at Roebling Road, or 3A and 3B on the infield road course at Charlotte.)
Again, when we determine the line, the Type I takes priority. At Oak Tree, it's particularly important because it leads onto the very long front straight -- it's the most important corner on the track. So we first mark out the line we want to take through the Type I, and then draw a Type II line that ends where we want to start the Type I turn-in.

From TrackDoD Novice Group Orientation

No comments: