Subscribe to my full feed.

Monday, December 31, 2007

First Week in Doha, Qatar

11th December 2007, the day I started my journey to Doha, Qatar. My parents sent me to the Kuala Lumpur International Airport at 7.30 am and we arrived there at about 8.30 am. My flight was at 11 am. My mother and my sister will join me later on the December 16th. As usual, my dad will not join us since he rather to go for a vacation only for 4 of us. Two of my cousins, Alif and Afif joined me. They arrived at the airport with their parents.



We arrived in Bahrain at 3 pm, local time, after almost 9 hours of flight. We strolled around to wait our flight transit to Doha that was at 5 pm.

6 pm was the time we arrived in Doha international airport. To get Qatar’s visas, we have to get an E-Cash card from a bank before the immigration's counters that cost at QR (Qatari Riyal) 320. QR 100 per person and QR 20 for deposit. We met our uncle and aunty at the airport about 15 minutes later.


We stayed at our uncle’s house at Zaharatul Wadi, Al Duhail. There’s not much we did on the first week since we arrived here. Sometimes we went to Corniche in the evening and Souk Waqif in the late evening. Corniche is the nice place to jog and to have for an evening tea since it is located just beside the beaches. Souk Waqif is a place to smoke ‘Sisha’ and shopping. It is like a place to get socializes.






Other than that we went to City Centre Shopping Mall and Villagio for window shopping. Lol. I met my university’s colleague, Ammar and his family at his home in Al Mesilla. They all went for a winter vacation in Iran on that week. Fuel here is very cheap, that is QR 0.80 per litre. On that Friday, I had to send my aunty and uncle to the airport since they had to go to Mecca for Hajj. Then, the following weeks, I had to send my cousins, Damaq and Hanis to go to school. On Sunday, I had to go to the airport to fetch my mom and my sis.


That’s all for the first week. I’ll continue later in my next post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

alip kangkang besau sgt. muahahahhahahahaha!