Subscribe to my full feed.

Tuesday, February 6, 2007

MotoGP 2006 in Sepang, Malaysia



It was one of the best thing happened in my life. Rode my bike with cousin and a friend, all the way up to Sepang. The Kesas Highway was started to fill with a lot of big bikes on that morning. All of them have one purpose on that Sunday morning, not doing knee-scraping on the rough roads at Genting or tail-gating your riding partners at Kuala Klawang, but to watch one of the greatest event in the world, MotoGP. It was the first time for me. I couldn't watch it last year, because I had to attend a boring event done by my university, camping in Sungkai, just to full-fill my curiculum, a day after my car was hit by a rempit in Ipoh. The atmosphere was amazing. It was a duel fight between Rossi and Capirossi, start from the middle of the race till end. I sat at turn 15, the last corner of the track. The crowd was overwhelming. The sound was very astonishing. It is like there's a lot of gods of thunder, playing their lightning, above me. Anyway, it is just a methaphor, to discribe how it feels like when watching it. I meet a nice lady on that day, a friend of a friend. She's also a bike enthusiast, superbikes only, hehehe. She's remind me of my coursemate in my university, only sexier. Hehe. Nothing much to talk with her, since there's a tough and 'macho' guy beside her all the time.

The weather was very hot. It 'darken' my skin. The race ended with Rossi won the race. I hope it was Capirossi, since he got a spirit of a 'Kamikaze Jet Figther' to overtake Rossi at the last lap on the last corner. When I arrived at the parking lot, it was filled by a lot of superbike. I was amazed, since the largest crowd of superbikes I have seen before was only 60-70 bikes. I think, there's hundreds of it on that day. Then, me and my friends had our dinner at KFC Damansara. The nice lady couldn't join us, since she had to go home early. The guys beside her, I thought he's her boyfriend. He's her cousin. I felt.... 'damned ! ! !'. If I know it from the beginning, I should take a picture with her, with my own camera, just to show my other friends how cute she was. Hahaha.

That day was one of my best experiences happened in my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always hope it will be Capirex. Ducatis were very strong in Sepang since it got two straight lines.

Anonymous said...

It was one of the exciting races in last year season. But the crowd, erm, quite embarassing. Maybe lack of promotions or late promotions are the causes. But still, improvement can be done.