Subscribe to my full feed.

Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Pleasure of Riding

I don't care what most people said about bikes, what I meant was motorcycle. Some said that, it is one of the most dangerous things to have in your life. Nowadays, parents prefer to buy their children cars rather than motorcycle. Parents likely want to avoid their children from riding bikes, because they said they love you. Yes, I agreed with that. But, it doesn’t have to be on the road. You can make it as a hobby by riding it on the track. We got our own Formula One track in Malaysia, which is Sepang International Circuit. Although it is quite expensive to ride a bike on the track, which is RM100 per day, but for your own safety, it is worth it. Even though I never ride or drive on the Sepang track, but I know how exciting it will be when you on it. I have been to Formula One races 3 times, that’s in 1999, 2004 and 2006. MotoGP only one time, this year. But, the pleasures of watching it are unimaginable.

Back to motorcycle story. If you want to maximize the enjoyment of riding motorcycle is to have a superbike. Superbikes usually related to big bikes. The displacement of the bike is 500cc and above. Now it can reach to 2000cc (centimeter cubic). The powers of these machines are amazing. It can accelerate from 0 km/h to 100 km/h in less than 3 seconds. The top speed can reach to 300 km/h. In Malaysia, we got Japanese and European bikes. Most famous Japanese manufacturers are Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha and Honda. BMW, Ducati, Aprilia, and KTM are the most famous European bikes.

For me, I prefer to ride it on the road. Usually, I pick some suitable places in Malaysia to ride my girlfriend. Sorry for not introduce her to you guys. Her name is Zephyr, made by Kawasaki. She's 15 years old. The displacement is 750cc. These places are Ulu Yam – Awana – Bukit Tinggi roads, Simpang Pulai - Cameron Highland roads, and Kuala Klawang roads. But, for me, the best would be the Simpang Pulai - Cameron Highland roads. It got long sweeps, medium corners and short corners. These corners make your heart pumping like hell as the adrenalins were rush into your body. These roads are not busy and I always wear my safety gears each time I ride my bike.

Everyone has their preferences of riding. For me, I prefer mine. Some people might said that even though he or she got a smaller bike, they still enjoying riding. I'm not say they are wrong, but I'm saying they are right. Some prefer smaller one because they can control the power of the bike. Some prefer bigger one because they want to experience the enormous power. It depends what exactly he or she wants. Not all people riding superbikes are better rider than the one who owns the smaller bike. It is not about your machine, it is about your skills.

How about you guys try it. Safe up some money and buy the perfect one for you. But, always to remember this, ride smart. Always remember for the love ones.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is true my friend, people cannot judge bikes badly. They have to ride it to understand it.

Anonymous said...

sebenarnya, kalo korang semua nak tahu, best bawak motor. satu, jimat minyak, dua, takda tol, tiga, takyah pikir traffic jam, 4, seronok kalo ada awek duduk belakang, 5, bleh layan corner ngan lagi selamat (kalo keta, kena blok ngan keta lain la plak) dan banyak lagi la kalo aku nak cerita. aku setuju ngan mamat ni, 'kalo tak naik lagi, macam nak tau'. tapi, slacknya, mat2 rempit kat Malaysia banyak buat hal. jatuhkan maruah biker2 yg lain. yg tak tahan nyer, diorang ni kebanyakkan budak2 sekolah jer. pastu, kurang hajor dan perasan macam org dewasa.