Subscribe to my full feed.

Tuesday, February 6, 2007

My point of view of United Kingdom




We went here for 10 days. We went here on the middle of the year 2006. My aunt and uncle got some work to do in University Of Cambridge. So, me and my family take this opportunity to go with them. The Heathrow airport is very busy compare in Malaysia. We go around UK by renting a car at Europcar, near Heathrow. We stay in London at my uncle house in Walthamstow for a day. Then, we went to Cambridge. The people in outskirt of London are quite friendly. Cambridge is a nice place to further your studies. It is quite calm at here. Then, we went to Cumbria. We stayed there about 6 days, I think. It is a very nice place to visit. It is very calm at here. It is a superbikes heaven, since the place provides very nice scenery and corners. All you can see is green in UK. And, there are a lot of cows and goats everywhere. Then, from Cumbria, we went to Manchester. We visit the Old Trafford. You can find an original Manchester United jersey that is "made in Malaysia" at Old Trafford, and you couldn't find it in Malaysia. I'm very proud of it. Haha. Then, also from Cumbria, we went to Scotland. It is not quite devolope as in England. We went to Edinburgh, the capital city of Scotland. It is quite calm compared to London. We went to the famous castle in Edinburgh. I forgot its name. The Scottish slang is very different compare with the one in England. It is quite hard to talk with them, with my Malaysian's English, hehe. Then, we went back to London, 2 days before we depart back to Malaysia. We went around London by its famous double-decker bus. We went to Tower Bridge, Tower of London, Tralfagar Square, the Parliament Building and many more. The subway system (London's Underground) are not quite efficient as the one in Seoul. Everything is very very expensive in UK. The foods are very expensive compare the one in Korea. On one time, my dinner, for myself only, cost about 10 pounds (about RM70). The costs of living are very high. Common salaries are also high in UK. You got 8 pounds an hour working at a restaurant. The oil price per litre is about 1 pound. We also got an opportunity to visit the Malaysian Hall in London. Nasi lemak or nasi goreng is about 3 pounds at Malaysian Hall cafe. Haha. You'll be bankrupted if you're selling your Nasi Lemak at that price in Malaysia, Haha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm quite happy because I'm the first one to post a comment in this post, hahaha. Yeah, I've been there for a while, working but I didnt live in UK. I watched an interview with an American tourist in London and he also complained that it is quite expensive to visit UK, but hell, it still a nice country anyway.